The October 2013 Dealer Expo, announced in September, will not be held, an Advanstar official confirmed.
So the industry’s major trade show lineup as it stands today is:
- 2013 V-Twin Expo, Feb. 2-3, Cincinnati
- 2013 Dealer Expo, Feb. 15-17, Indianapolis
- 2013 American International Motorcycle Expo, Oct. 16-20, Orlando
- 2014 Dealer Expo, Sept. 26-28, Indianapolis
- 2014 American International Motorcycle Expo, October, Orlando
Advanstar’s announcement of the new fall date for Dealer Expo included the following factors in the decision to move to October:
- OEM and distributor meeting timing has shifted the buying cycle to the fall
- Dealers place the bulk of their orders in Q4
- New products, both OEM and aftermarket, are launched closer to the end of the year
- Indianapolis in October is beautiful, making the show a true “Ride In” destination
Select manufacturers will host their dealer meetings in Indy.