The Biker Pros team flew into Seattle expecting an outstanding custom bike show because we all know that it rains all the time and what else would these guys and gals be doing with their hands other than building sleds in their garages? Well the custom bike jockeys didn’t disappoint. We even had interlopers from the great white North, Freakshow Choppers, breach the security fence and beat their brethren in the hotly contested FreeStyle class.
The competition in the FreeStyle class was just outstanding with a high-level of detail, fit and finish displayed by all builders. But in the end, it was Freakshow Choppers that took the trophy and the big check. Freakshow Choppers –brought their “Santa de Muerte” ( Saint of the Dead) 2012 Freakshow Pro-Street Bagger to the Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show to Seattle. It features a S&S 124 Twin Cam with T-Man Stage 4 heads. The Chassis is hand built, raked and sports front and rear air ride, single-sded swingarm and custom wheels.
- Jay, Freakshow Choppers – Saint of the Dead, Freakshow Choppers
- Mike Fobes – Twisted Evil, ’11 Fobes Twisted
- Bear – Hellboy, ’09 Anarchy MoCo
Dorian Kelly rolled Jon Doe, a 2005 Road King Classic, into the Seattle Convention Center into the most competitive class of the weekend. Any of the competitors could have taken 1st place, it was that close. Many of the judges commented on the flawless paint and the classic black and chrome color scheme. Russ Foy of Custom Classic took charge of the paint. The bike features an air ride, Carlini bars, custom exhaust, extended bags, fenders and diamond cut motor. Ridewright provides the wheels, PM takes care of braking and Danny Gray built the gator seat.
- Dorian, Cycle Path / Megal Kelly – Jon Doe, ’05 Road King Classic,
- Lorenzo Marr, Urban Custom Bikes – Usian Bolt, ’10 H-D FLHR
- Freddie Manning, Urban Custom Bikes – 2003 H-D FLSTS
Geoffrey Rossi competed with Build 43, his 2012 Full Custom Ducati sport bike. It’s based on a DS1000. And it contains all the HI-PO goodies cradled on a full custom Ducati-red frame. Additional custom features include BST Carbon rear wheel, GSXR Frame, wire loom, Watson LED blinkers and MotoGadget instruments.
- Geoffrey Rossi – Build 43, 2012 Full Custom
- Premium Custom Cycles – 503 Iericho, 2004 Yamaha R1
- David Clark, Premium Custom Cycles – Untamed Busa, 2009 Hayabusa
The Deuce takes Retro MOD in Seattle. The last Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show of 2012 ends with a bang as the most hotly contested class, say Mike Boehlke with his 1953 Harley-Davidson FL taking the win from Hell Mutts 1971 Triumph by 1 point. The 74 CI Panhead features custom pan covers with S&S heads. It sports a bobber chassis with hand built exhaust, taillight assembly, shaved gas tank and custom sheet metal.
- Mike Boehlke – Duece, ’53 H-D FL
- Billy Davis, Hell Mutts – Jaded, ’71 Triumph
- Andrew Robinson – The Stingray, ’65 triumph
Greg Whiteside of Premium Custom Cycles brought 4 bikes to the Ultimate Builder and came away with a win with Ms Carolina, a 2007 Kawasaki ZX 10R that features Paint by Punk.
- Danielle Veney, Premium Custom Cycles – Ms. Carolina, 2007 Kawasaki ZX10R
- Eddie Castro, Premium Custom Cycles – Reddy, 2007 GSXR 600
- Steve Hegel – Hurri-Kane, 2008 Triumph Rocket III
Show Dog WInner
Jessica of Urban Custom Bike won the Show Dog Award sponsored by Rocking K Custom Leather for her tireless promotion on the show floor and for her ability to engage the audience and to promote her business.
The Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show is produced by www.bikerpros.com. At each round of the competition Biker Pros photographs each bike and makes them available in their Flickr gallery at www.flickr.com/photos/bikerpros. Photography provided by Jack McIntyre & Jeff Najar